Did you know that the average buyout fund takes 7.6 years to achieve a 1.0x DPI multiple? Or that the average venture capital fund takes 8.4 years to achieve this same milestone? Why does this even matter for a GP?
The statistics are the result of j-curve analysis.
Understanding the significance of the j-curve to LPs – and what that means for GPs – our research team decided to analyze the PE industry with the j-curve in mind.
Our report explores:
- Why are LPs paying attention to the j-curve?
- Which strategies are delivering value most quickly?
- Is the buyout j-curve consistent across economic cycles?
- What does buyout vs. venture look like from the j-curve perspective?
Our analyses include:
- Cash flow j-curve by industry analysis
- Buyout j-curve by time period analysis
- Time to Max Outflow (Buyout vs. Venture)
- Time to Break-Even (Buyout vs. Venture)
- Detailed commentary by Michael Roth, CFA
Please fill out the form to get the full report.